This page is a central repository for University policies regarding outside activities and conflicts of interest and commitment for Trustees, faculty, staff, and administrators.
The University’s current rules concerning conflicts of interest and commitment and outside activities/income are set forth in the following governing documents or policies:
- Syracuse University Bylaws;
- Code of Ethical Conduct;
- Board of Trustees Conflicts of Interest Policy and Procedures;
- Conflict of Interest and Commitment for Faculty and Staff;
- Conflict of Interest and Commitment for Principal Investigators and Senior Personnel on Sponsored Programs;
- Outside Professional Consulting by Non-Faculty Employees; and
- Faculty Manual Sections 3.4 (Outside Activities–Conflicts of Interest and Commitment), 3.41 (Conflicts of Commitment), 3.42(Consulting During the Academic Year), 3.43 (Consulting During the Summer), and 3.44 (Conflicts of Interest for Principal Investigators).