Faculty, staff, and students
Hazardous materials transported by University employees, or agents of the University or in University owned or leased vehicles, must be transported in accordance with all local, state and federal regulations.
When a hazardous material is transported on or about University premises, in other than a licensed vehicle, (such as material hand-carried or on a handcart) the carrier must ensure that the material is carried in a fashion to minimize any possible release of the hazardous material from the primary container. An appropriate carrying device(s) shall be used that provides secondary containment of the hazardous material and is designed to minimize the possibility of release of the contents of the primary container.
Links to Procedures and Related Information
- Hazard Communication Program
- Hazard Communication: Multi-Employer Information Exchange
- Hazardous Materials Purchase
- Hazardous Materials Storage
- Hazardous Waste Management Program
- Hazardous Waste: Satellite Accumulation Area (SAA) Management
Amended: September 2005